According to media reports a six-year-old boy died from rabies after being scratched by
an infected bat he found in bucket.
Despite being instructed by his parents not to touch bats under any circumstances, he apparently did so.
The parents were desperate in seeking information in the internet. They cleaned the boy's wound
thoroughly based on information available but didn't take him to hospital. Roughly a week later the kid
started to develop clinical signs of rabies and a few days later, rabies infection was laboratory confirmed.
Despite immediate application of the Milwaukee protocol the boy died of the disease.